In today’s car scenario two Wheelers are at high rate of gross revenues. The route accidents are go oning often everyplace. This makes every individual to have on a helmet to avoid caput hurts. But due to the troubles like sudating. hair autumn every individual hesitates to have on helmet even though regulations are put by the authorities.
In this paper we develop most sophisticated design of helmet. The caput size and profile of every individual is different. The standard size available does non suit absolutely for many people. So we make CF additive which absolutely assemble into the helmet. This can be made for persons individually and it besides consists of little holes which increases air circulation and cut down the weight of the helmet and makes comfy for the rider.
PRODUCT DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
( DESIGN OF HELMET )
The procedure of developing a merchandise from initial phase of Design to Physical Reality utilizing construct of Designing. fabrication procedures and other economical facets OBJECTIVES:
The aims of merchandise development are as follows… . .
1. Converting Design into Physical Reality
2. Design optimisation of the merchandise
3. Manufacturing optimisation of the merchandises
4. Economically using on merchandise to optimise it 5. Market the merchandise
MOTORBIKE HELMETS – CF DEMO CASE
THE CONSIDERABLE VALUE OF A CUSTOMISED HELMET:
The helmet will be more comfy
? The helmet is more endurable and so riders will be less inclined to travel without one. The helmet will give better protection:
? Less hazard to be pulled off
? Crash forces are more equally across the skull
? Custom-making the helmets make them higher value and easier to sell.
? It increases the sense of ownership and pride in that merchandise which increases trade name trueness.
? It besides ensures that the client makes a committedness to the merchandise before a helmet is fabricated. HELMET COMPOSED OF:
? outer shell which is manufactured from either thermoplastic or fiber reinforced fictile composite – inner line drive formed from expanded polystyrene ( EPS ) ? a comfort embroidering which is soft and low-density Foam
Part BEING CUSTOMISED
The original thought was to custom-make Inner EPS line drive BUT we can non utilize
EPS in RM So… A new CF line drive was inserted between EPS and embroidering
– Safety still guaranteed by EPS and outer shell – Custom portion is smaller ( faster/cheaper to be manufacture via RM )
• 5 % of motorcyclists can non happen helmets that fit their caput geometry • 15-20 % of all full face composite helmets are sick suiting • Helmet designed to absorb and scatter impact during an accident – The outer shell stops immediately.
– Inside. your caput keeps traveling until it collides with the EPS. – EPS’s occupation is to convey the caput to a soft halt ( if you want your encephalon to maintain working like it does now.
Legal restrictions on the volume that we can alter within Custom-Fit and remain within the standard’s parametric quantities CF LINER:
A new portion between bing cushioning ( comfort ) and EPS* ( safety ) .
PROCEDURE CUSTOM-FITTING HELMET
Data FROM Rider:
• Scan of the rider ( place of caput! )
• Trim & A ; fix.
• Align & A ; landmarks
• Export geometrical and non-geometrical informations
• DURING Production
• Import the information
• Automatically chooses best adjustment
• helmet size ( S/L )
• Positions caput inside helmet
• Creates surface of caput geometry
• Morphs head/helmet geometry to
• form CF Liner
• Split in 5 parts
• Internal construction applied
– Mimic EPS ( use to criterions )
– Reduce weight
• Export STL files for RM
CUSTOMIZED MOTORCYCLE HELMET WITH RM
COMPUTER AIDED VERIFICATION ( CAV )
• Aim: To find if a helmet with a Custom Fit comfort line drive would so be safer than a standard helmet • All helmets have to go through a twosome of physical safety trials before being allowed on the market ( United Nations ordinance no. 22 ) • Not all physical trials can be done in economically executable manner in CF helmets • Virtual testing required
• Analytical method utilized
• Complexity of CF comfort line drive:
1. Low stuff complexness
Linear stuff theoretical accounts ( Emodulus ) 2. Low geometric complexness
Specifying thickness of comfort line drive is sufficient. 3. High environmental complexness
Complex burden instances of both impact soaking up and keeping trials • The physical trials on which the comfort line drive will hold its influence are: 1. Impact absorption trial. The peak acceleration must be less than 275 g 2. Head Injury Criterion ( H. I. C. ) less than 2400
3. Retention ( detaching ) trial. The helmets’ rotary motion after the trial must non transcend 30° [ movie ]
? Peak acceleration degree: 252 g
? H. I. C. : 1470
? Rotation: 20°
1. Benchmark debut: Comfort line drive stiffness k=E/t. 2. where Tocopherol is E-modulus and t thickness of comfort line drive
3. By agencies of a tendency survey. K should ever be in between 3?106 [ N/mm3 ]and 6?106 [ N/mm3 ]
Measure 1: Rider Data Capture and Processing
• Head Scan: caput geometry is captured in a point cloud ( Body scanner – HS )
• Point cloud is worked ( spare. fix. aligned ) transformed in STL file ( STL: Standard Triangulation Language )
Measure 2: Design customization & gt ; a. Shape
The CF line drive is shaped to suit to the practical caput geometry. with an machine-controlled process ( Delcam–PowerShape ) .
Measure 2: Design customization & gt ; b. Grading construction
Lattice construction to
– cut down weight
– improve daze soaking up
Adding chilling channels to review
Measure 2: Design customization & gt ; c. Virtual testing
FEA analysis is used to verify daze soaking up behaviour & A ; all right melody lattice construction.
Fictile Powder Printing Process ( PPP )
Measure 3: Rapid fabrication
CF line drive theoretical account is sliced and sent to RM machine
RM procedure: freshly developed PPP – Powder Printing Process
Material used: HDPE
Measure 3: Concluding collection
CF line drive theoretical account is eventually assembled with standard parts – EPS and Outer shell
– Comfort embroidering ready for proving!
Work in progress…
? CF line drive stuff and lattice construction must be finalized in order to better ? daze soaking up behaviour of complete stack ( EPS+CF line drive ) ? This without addition in weight and volume!