Executive compensation is hard currency and fillips given to the executives ( Hajazi and Bhatti, 2007 ) [ Online ] . Besides that, it besides include a big assortment of payment which received by the top executives within the company. Therefore, corporate administration serves as a critical mechanism to stringent revelation regulations to better control over executive compensation ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] .
Executive Compensation Schemes ( ECS ) in pattern, consists of a assortment of constituents that is pecuniary and non-monetary signifier. The common constituents which are chiefly in pecuniary signifier fundamentally include fixed salary which is the most common and it is the foundation for all ECS. Besides that, fillips are wagess paid to executives for their accomplishment of aims during a financial twelvemonth and it consists of short-run or one-year fillips. Furthermore, long term inducements which include restricted portion, portion options, or both of it is granted to promote executives for their accomplishment of ends that beyond a individual financial twelvemonth ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] .
Additionally, the other signifiers of compensation and benefits in non-monetary signifier that many executives are entitled to which is Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans ( SERPs ) which consists of two basic SERPs that are ‘Restoration ‘ or ‘ERISA Excess ‘ program and it permits executives to gain extra retirement financess based on their entire wage. Furthermore, deferred compensation is fundamentally an history to be paid by the employer, who incurs a liability payment for future services that have been provided by the executives. Change-in-Control ( CIC ) understanding serves to protect the company and its executives in the instance of a buyout or coup d’etat by another company. Finally, a assortment of fringe benefits which include particular benefit and privileges, are given to executives such as company autos, fiscal planning, personal usage of corporate chopper, and other similar benefits ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] .
The bureau theory construct holds that managers and stockholders have different aims, and hence ECS is to aline managers ‘ involvement with stockholders and company ‘s stakeholders ( Bender, 2004 ; Sapp, 2008 ) [ Online ] . Besides that, it does hold a great significance for its activities which includes increasing the house ‘s value, retaining its cardinal direction and concentrating the way of the company every bit good as making stockholders ‘ value ( Lee, 2009 ; Hajazi and Bhatti, 2007 ) [ Online ] . Furthermore, ECS besides plays a function of incentive to the executives ( Bender, 2004 ) [ Online ] . Therefore, the company is willing to pay more compensation in order to keep higher salary degree for executives ( Hajazi and Bhatti, 2007 ) [ Online ] .
Whereby, in pattern there was the failure of executive compensation in recent crisis in the United Stated and which affected the universe economic systems, such as the recognition market freezing, prostration of Enron, Lehman Brothers bankruptcy, and the close failure of American International Group ( AIG ) ( Schneider, 2009 ) [ Online ] . It indicated that ECS are inherently flawed and that there may be deficient demands to unwrap the degree of executive compensation in the one-year study ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] . Therefore, the issue of ECS had become the focal point of increasing attending to public examination, stakeholders, every bit good as the involvement of academic research workers ( Bender, 2004 ) [ Online ] .
EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION SCHEMES
Design of ECS
The chief aim for a well-designed of ECS is to supply equity between assorted parties because ECS is an of import signal of the values, ethical motives, and public assistance where the company operates ( Bender and Moir, 2006 ) [ Online ] . Consequently, the company demand to be just between different employees in the same company, so that high-performance executives receives a higher wagess in order to distinguish the parts ( Bender and Moir, 2006 ; Bender, 2004 ) [ Online ] . Another facet of the equity is between manager and his equals in comparable companies. Bender ( 2004 ) [ Online ] argued that manager should hold the equal chance to obtain an sum equivalent to their equals because they will do a comparing of their function and parts, and their wage with their equals. After the comparing was made, they will be satisfied if the compensations are about the same ( Bender and Moir, 2006 ) [ Online ] . The concluding facet of equity is ECS must be just to both executives and besides to the stockholders to whom the company owns residuary net incomes ( Bender and Moir, 2006 ) [ Online ] . As a consequence, the aim of this facet is to avoid executives paying big sum but stockholder suffer loss in the financial twelvemonth ( Bender, 2004 ) [ Online ] .
However, there are some companies in pattern whose ECS is non well-designed and lead to built-in flawed. For illustration the prostration of Tyco, they received widespread attending because of its Chief Executive Officer ( CEO ) purchased goods that is unrelated to concern patterns amounted over $ 2 million ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] . Therefore, Iyengar ( 2000 ) [ Online ] argued that at the degree of CEO, hard currency compensation is straight linked to the degree of operating hard currency flows generated by the company, yet is unrelated to the accounting or the company public presentation.
Another illustration is the prostration of Enron, employees were prohibited from selling portions in their bound of four hundred and one 1000 plan during a prostration period, while executives were selling single portions without restraints and this action was harmful to 1000s of employees who saw that their retirement financess had all of a sudden declined and they were unable to take any preventive action. These two instances highlight the demand to reflect equity and regard for other stakeholders as it had besides significantly affected profitableness and the public presentation of the company. So, these jobs had brought into inquiry the equity of ECS ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] .
Furthermore, the aim of a well planned ECS is to supply the proper aligning of chief and agent aims where stockholder act as chief, executives act as an agent ( Chaudhri, 2003 ) [ Online ] . In pattern, most of the company ‘s executives are assumed to purse actions which maximize their ain expected public-service corporation without maximization of stockholders ‘ wealth. Therefore, stockholders are unable to straight detect executives ‘ decision-making and they do non hold sufficient inducement to incur higher cost to supervising top executive ‘s behaviour ( Matsumura and Shin, 2005 ; Lee, 2009 ) [ Online ] . Bruce, et Al. ( 2007 ) [ Online ] agreed that executive compensation serves executives at the disbursal of stockholders. As a consequence, Bahar ( 2005 ) [ Online ] suggested that inducements could be used to get the better of this job as ECS is designed to be used to aline the involvement of the executives with the stockholders ( Kakabadse, et al. , 2004 ) [ Online ] . Whereas, those companies which are confronting important jobs with respect to company public presentation are those who paid less attending in planing executive compensation strategies ( Hajazi and Bhatti, 2007 ) [ Online ] .
In malice of that, there have been some issues originating on the ECS in which there are many companies who had failed to plan strategies that provide direct correlativity among the company public presentation and stockholder wealth creative activity ( Clieaf and Kelly, 2005 ) [ Online ] . The of import point is that the market for corporate control fails to exercise consecutive restraints on ECS. For illustration, AIG had paid an sum of $ 165 million in keeping fillip payment to its employees which are including those who were no longer working in the company and the compensations paid to the top executives were given ( on a non-monetary footing ) portions deserving $ 42.4 million but it did non maximise the company public presentation and stockholders ‘ wealth yet resulted in an about complete meltdown of the full company ‘s fiscal system with foolhardy recognition in order to cover mortgage-based securities of the company. In the instance of AIG, the executives had acted egotistically instead than concentrating on maximising stockholders ‘ wealth which resulted in the company ‘s near prostration ( Bender and Moir, 2006 ) [ Online ] .
Brick, et Al. ( 2006 ) [ Online ] agreed that a higher European union may hold compromised their objectiveness on behalf of stockholders to supervise direction. For illustration, Enron had the 7th highest compensation strategies in the United States ( U.S. ) as reported by The New York Times in 2001 yet it collapsed due to inordinate ECS that their executives received compensations which amounted to $ 380,000 yearly compared with the mean executive compensation in U.S. corporations was $ 152,626 ( Bebchuk and Fried, 2003 ) [ Online ] . Therefore, inordinate ECS may impact the executives ‘ control of the company and consequence in an uneffective monitoring to the company public presentation ( Brick, et al. , 2006 ) [ Online ] . Furthermore, it may besides be related to a serious job where they might make chances for direction self-dealing, particularly if these strategies are negotiated with the boards of managers with an improper motivation, every bit good as CEO dichotomy and manager shareholding that could hold important inauspicious impact on the company ‘s public presentation ( Lee, 2009 ) [ Online ] .
In add-on, the 3rd aim of a well-designed ECS is to actuate executives to work harder and consequence in better results for the company ( Bender, 2004 ) [ Online ] . Financial inducements could actuate top executives suitably. However, executives are non entirely motivated by money in footings of their relationship with the company, or money is non the best mechanism to pull executives involvement ( McConvill, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Bender ( 2004 ) [ Online ] argued that none of the executives worked harder merely because he/she was offered an inducement. Therefore, Bahar ( 2005 ) [ Online ] suggests that focal point on other beginnings of inducements ( non-monetary signifier ) would better function as a incentive in order to increase the executives ‘ public-service corporation such as long-run inducements, stock option. In the event of stock options, these fundamentally make up the largest section of the ESC ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] . However, many of the executives were utilizing this right for keeping restricted stock and made net income from the portion market. Therefore, it would impact the portion monetary value of the company ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] . In add-on, the company planned to be high powered ECS and it would risky for the company as the executives can herd out such beginnings of motive like egoistic net income seeking single ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] .
Disclosure of ECS
Corporate dirts have highlighted the job of understanding the manner in which executives are paid ( Hajazi and Bhatti, 2007 ) [ Online ] . Furthermore, ECS are going less crystalline because corporate administration merely requires the revelation of the company ‘s top five executives payout in its fiscal studies and it does non unwrap all the facet of ECS for the populace as puting intents ( McConvill, 2005 ; Lee, 2009 ) [ Online ] . Thus, corporate administration best pattern seeks to plan mechanisms which align the involvements of direction with stockholders ( McConvill, 2005 ) [ Online ] . In add-on, corporate administration besides play an of import function of coercing companies to unwrap information so that it would cut down the bureau costs that are linked to executive compensation ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Generally, a portion of good corporate administration in ECS is to actuate managers to raise stockholder value ( Bruce, et al. , 2007 ) [ Online ] .
Furthermore, harmonizing to Bahar ( 2005 ) [ Online ] , proper revelation of the ECS would be sufficient to aline executives ‘ ECS with their public presentation to stockholders. Therefore, corporate administration serves as a tool to promote transparence in ECS, and to aline executive behaviour with the aims of the company. Besides that, McConvill ( 2005 ) [ Online ] agreed that revelation could do executives more accountable because it can be better the administration of ECS and it could besides increase the consciousness to stockholders and to cut down the bureau cost to analyse ECS. As a consequence, corporate administration can forbid the executives from planing inappropriate compensation strategies and could move as a stronger restraint on managerial power ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Therefore, transparence might drive positive behaviour among executives if there is rigorous attachment to an ever-lasting scope of administration ordinances.
However, transparence of ECS would still make a job to company and increasing popular attending to ECS. Furthermore, attorneies can pull strings the inappropriate ECS in order to assist others in puting wage at an unequal degree ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Furthermore, there are besides have some jobs with the administration which are company continued to increase the compensation every twelvemonth but yet less to make with the company ‘s strategic aim than with deriving legitimacy in the eyes of cardinal stockholders ( Bender and Moir, 2006 ) [ Online ] .
Ward ( 1998 ) [ Online ] argued that stockholders are the proprietors of the company hence they have authorization to cognize what they are paying their ain agents. However, corporate administration does non province or propose how the revelation of ECS in the fiscal coverage. Hence, executives can box the figures among existent information or they can dress up reported values. Furthermore, they can fall back to utilizing all sorts of schemes to keep back the exact sum and construction of ECS. In malice of that, it may make job at the company degree in order to forestall foreigners from analysing whether the ECS of the company is advisable and appropriate with direct links to pay with public presentation. It besides may gives a trouble for interested parties and analyst in comparing ECS at the market degree ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . In pattern, there had been assorted accounting dirts around the universe even if these companies had disclosed their portion option in the footers.
Besides that, there are deficiency of revelation in ECS such as deferred compensation programs, pension programs and other long term compensation strategies in the fiscal studies. However, there are many companies which still remain that opt to non unwrap such ECS to the puting populace. Finally, the aim of transparence in ECS is non to supervise what was paid to executives but to look into whether it is set out appropriate inducements to the executives to execute their occupation ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Practically, there are several companies which have collapsed in recent old ages and most of them are related to the deficiency of transparence of ECS such as Enron, WorldCom, AIG and so on. As a consequence, the deficiency of transparence of ECS would impact stockholders determination.
On the other manus, corporate administration merely necessitate companies to unwrap compensations during the twelvemonth awarded their options, option for the continuance and the option work stoppage monetary value but it does non necessitate to supply elaborate information sing the option type granted by the executives in the fiscal coverage ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . However, executives who are keeping in their company ‘s portion would supply a strong relationship between portion monetary value and executives ‘ wealth ( Matsumura and Shin, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Because of this, they are able to easy to cover the re-pricing of portion options, although the dealing may necessitate transportations between executives ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . In add-on, there besides were issues originating from executives ‘ misconduct in the rating of portion option grant. Heisler ( 2007 ) [ Online ] argued that executives may have a larger option grant which is undervalued and used backdated option so that the option portion monetary value was lower than the market monetary value for their executives. Therefore, it would take to undue return for the executives as it finally brought out a inquiry on the equity to the stockholders.
Furthermore, executives who are non required to unwrap the options they may buy from a fiscal establishment in the fiscal study in order to protect them from the hazards incurred under a portion option program or a out of use shareholding strategies. However, the executives had treated it as direction minutess. Therefore, it does non designed to inform the stockholders as corporate administration demands, and it would take to inappropriate information for stockholders to gauge the incentive consequence of the ECS. As a consequence of that information non being disclosed in the one-year study, it could take to stockholders being unable to decently analyse the company public presentation. Hence, they may believe that the ECS in the company is more public presentation driven than what it truly is ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] .
Last but non least, a pension fund is one of the ECS constituents which have certain characteristics that attractive to the executives and it have been use as a disguise technique over the past few old ages. Furthermore, this compensation does non necessitate to be disclosed in the one-year study. Therefore, most of the company used pension financess to increase ECS because it was seldom contingent on the executives ‘ public presentation ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Furthermore, the company besides use this underestimated the sum of the compensation paid out or overestimate of the pay-performance correlativity ( Bahar, 2005 ) [ Online ] . Therefore, it would significantly impact the investor determination that insufficient demands to unwrap the degree of executive compensation in the fiscal studies.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
In recent old ages, there were many major corporations which have collapsed due to executive compensation strategies issues. Therefore, companies should be required to supply the complete, accurate, apprehensible, and timely revelation of ECS in a more crystalline mode in order to maximise stockholders ‘ wealth ( Matsumura and Shin, 2005 ) [ Online ] . For illustration, the company should unwrap the disbursal portion options of the clip grant or exercising on the income statement for better compensation determination and it would profit a company through have good corporate administration and finally cut down the bureau struggle. As a consequence, it would besides cut down the cost of capital and increase stockholders ‘ value.
Furthermore, institutional investors have an of import function in supervising their portfolio company ‘s direction. Therefore, the best manner to better ECS is to increase institutional investors ‘ engagement in the corporate administration procedure, which would help in improved revelation of the ECS because they can supervise the procedure of measuring and honoring executives ‘ public presentation in order to cut down the self-dealing or attitude of selfishness of the executives. It besides provides consciousness to the executives that they are being monitored and it would take to cut down bureau job and self-interest activities.
Furthermore, the company should organize a compensation commission in order to cut down the job of ECS and they must execute due diligence in look intoing available market day of the month to guarantee that the accurate figures are being used to monetary value the work which includes right occupation range, utilizing the appropriate industry categorization and so on ( Heisler, 2007 ) [ Online ] . This would work out the job of equity in the ECS within the company as to how much executives will be paid, which will depend on the degree of the executive public presentation that are rated by the compensation commissions. Besides that, compensation commissions act as an agent to guarantee that portion options are valued as accurately. Therefore, the options which are backdated or undervalued can be eliminated by puting of option grant day of the months are consistent from twelvemonth to twelvemonth. As a consequence, ECS should hold an alliance of involvement with direction every bit good as with stockholder value.
In add-on, by affecting stockholders in the procedure of planing of ECS, it would be more crystalline to enable cost nest eggs in obtaining information on the executive wage for stockholders as it is the manner to better answerability of executives by doing stockholders vote on executive compensation. Therefore, it could convey about force per unit area on the executives to disapprove undue ECS, and consciousness to the executive from planing an inappropriate ECS that did non run into the aim of aligned involvement between executives and stockholders.
Last but non least, The Combined Code ( United Kingdom ) recommended that there should be a formal and crystalline process for developing executive wage and no manager be involved in make up one’s minding his or her ain wage. Therefore, it could assist to cut down the bureau job and suppress the actions of egoistic net income seeking single in the company and it will reflect greater equity to the executives and other stakeholders.
List OF Mentions:
- Bahar, R.2005. ‘Executive Compensation: Is Disclosure Enough? ‘ [ Online ] pp. 1-67. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? abstract_id=869415 [ Accessed: 15March 2010 ]
- Bebchuk, L. A. and Fried, J. M. 2003. ‘Executive Compensation as a Agency Problem ‘ Journal of Economic Perspectives. [ Online ] Vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 71-92. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/bebchuk/pdfs/2003.Bebchuk-Fried.Executive.Compensation.pdf [ Accessed: 12 January 2010 ]
- Bender, R. 2004. ‘Why Do Companies Use Performance-Related Pay for Their Executive Directors? ‘ . Corporate Administration. [ Online ] Vol.12, no.4, pp. 521-533. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=6 & A ; hid=3 & A ; sid=78f4b066-4bdc-4b36-913d-566f8ec17972 % 40sessionmgr11 [ Accessed: 3rd March 2010 ]
- Bender, R. and Moir, L. 2006. ‘Does ‘Best Practice ‘ in Puting Executive Pay in the UK Encourage ‘Good ‘ Behaviour? ‘.Journal of Business Ethic. [ Online ] Vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 75-91. Abstraction from Jstor. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.jstor.org/stable/pdfplus/25123853.pdf [ Accessed: 2nd March 2010 ]
- Brick, I. E. , Palmon, O. and Wald, J. K. 2006. ‘CEO compensation, manager compensation, and steadfast public presentation: Evidence of cronyism? ‘ Journal of Corporate Finance. [ Online ] Vol. 12, pp. 403-423. Abstraction from Science Direct. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.sciencedirect.com/science? _ob=MImg & A ; _imagekey=B6VFK-4H57JK2-1-4 & A ; _cdi=6013 & A ; _user=8188890 & A ; _pii=S0929119905000738 & A ; _orig=search & A ; _coverDate=06 % 2F30 % 2F2006 & A ; _sk=999879996 & A ; view=c & A ; wchp=dGLzVtz-zSkWz & A ; md5=34c2933abb6a614d00ff039ae75f9036 & A ; ie=/sdarticle.pdf [ Accessed: 14th March 2010 ]
- Bruce, A. , Skovoroda R. , Fattorusso J. and Buck T. 2007. ‘Executive Bonus and Firm Performance in the UK ‘ . Long Range Planning. [ Online ]
- Vol. 40, pp. 280-294. Abstraction from Science Direct. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.sciencedirect.com/science? _ob=MImg & A ; _imagekey=B6V6K-4NX2W0W-1-2 & A ; _cdi=5817 & A ; _user=8190668 & A ; _orig=search & A ; _coverDate=06 % 2F30 % 2F2007 & A ; _sk=9 99599996 & A ; view=c & A ; wchp=dGLbVlz-zSkWz & A ; md5=6b3c3c142e122061614a9638e38f4456 & A ; ie=/sdarticle.pdf [ Accessed: 9th July 2009 ]
- Chaudhri, V. 2003. ‘Executive Compensation: Understanding the Issues ‘
- The Australian Economic Review. [ Online ] Vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 300-305. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=5 & A ; hid=4 & A ; sid=185f6e0a-28ea-471a-8146-db96ecf4bd94 % 40sessionmgr110 [ Accessed: 16 January 2010 ]
- Clieaf, M. V. and Kelly, J. L. 2005. ‘Myths of Executive Compensation: Returning to Basic Principles of Pay for Performance ‘ . The Corporate Governance Advisor. [ Online ] Vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 9-21. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=7 & A ; hid=9 & A ; sid=a91ef1a4-7ca7-4c42-ab9f-afb8cae18626 % 40sessionmgr104 [ Accessed: 18 January 2010 ]
- Heisler, W. J. 2007. ‘Ethical picks in the design and disposal of executive compensation plans ‘ . Business Horizons. [ Online ] Vol. 50, pp. 277-290. Abstraction from Science Direct. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.sciencedirect.com/science? _ob=MImg & A ; _imagekey=B6W45-4NVDPMY-5-3 & A ; _cdi=6533 & A ; _user=8190668 & A ; _pii=S0007681306001625 & A ; _orig=search & A ; _coverDate=08 % 2F31 % 2F2007 & A ; _sk=999499995 & A ; view=c & A ; wchp=dGLbVtz-zSkWb & A ; md5=6c8cce783b74d37e15c3947b7c2689cf & A ; ie=/sdarticle.pdf [ Accessed: 2nd March 2010 ]
- Hijazi, S. T. and Bhatti, K. K. 2007. ‘Determinants of Executive Compensation and Its Impact on Organizational Performance ‘ . Compensation & A ; Benefits Review. [ Online ]
- Vol. 39, pp. 58-68. Abstraction from Sage. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //cbr.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/39/2/58 [ Accessed: 8th July 2009 ]
- Iyengar, R. J. 2000. ‘CEO Compensation In Poorly Performing Firms ‘ The Journal of Applied Business Research. [ Online ] Vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 97-111. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=1 & A ; hid=2 & A ; sid=be1f88de-45ad-49f1-8cfe-759d39728ef7 % 40sessionmgr12 [ Accessed: 4th March 2010 ]
- Kakabadse, N. K. , Kakabadse, A. and Kousmin, A. 2004. ‘Directors ‘ wage: The demand for a geo-political position ‘ Personal Review. [ Online ] Vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 561-582. Abstraction from Emerald. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewPDF.jsp? contentType=Article & A ; Filename=html/Output/Published/EmeraldFullTextArticle/Pdf/0140330505.pdf [ Accessed: 8th March 2010 ]
- Lee, J. 2009. ‘Executive performance-based wage, public presentation alteration and board constructions ‘ . The International Journal of Accounting. [ Online ] Vol. 44, pp.138-162. Abstraction from Science Direct. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.sciencedirect.com/science? _ob=MImg & A ; _imagekey=B6W4P-4W3874D-1-1 & A ; _cdi=6548 & A ; _user=8190668 & A ; _orig=search & A ; _coverDate=06 % 2F30 % 2F2009 & A ; _sk=999559997 & A ; view=c & A ; wchp=dGLbVzb-zSkWb & A ; md5=a7502b9ac855500225d8003368067780 & A ; ie=/sdarticle.pdf [ Accessed: 6th July 2009 ]
- Matsumura, E. M. and Shin, J. Y. 2005. ‘Corporate Governance Reform and CEO Compensation: Intended and Unintended Consequences ‘ . Journal of Business Ethics. [ Online ] Vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 101-113. Abstraction from Jstor. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.jstor.org/stable/pdfplus/25123649.pdf [ Accessed: 2nd March 2010 ]
- McConvill, J. 2005. ‘Positive Corporate Governance and its Implication for Executive Compensation ‘ . German Law Journal. [ Online ] Vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 1777-1804. Abstraction from Wiley Inter Science. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/118828249/abstract? CRETRY=1 & A ; SRETRY=0 [ Accessed: 5th March 2010 ]
- Sapp, S. G. 2008. ‘The Impact of Corporate Governance on Executive Compensation ‘ . European Financial Management. [ Online ]
- Vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 710-746. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=6 & A ; hid=105 & A ; sid=78f4b066-4bdc-4b36-913d-566f8ec17972 % 40s essionmgr11 [ Accessed: 3rd March 2010 ]
- Schneider, P. J. 2009. ‘The Post-Stimulus Bill Era Executive Compensation ‘ .
- Journal of Financial Service Professionals. [ Online ] pp. 21-24. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=1 & A ; hid=2 & A ; sid=4524e6df-a28c-4f42-9a2a-7ac6d311c5b3 % 40s essionmgr10 [ Accessed: 4th March 2010 ]
- Ward, M. 1998. ‘Director Wage: a spread in the revelation regulations ‘
- Corporate Governance. [ Online ] Vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 48-51. Abstraction from Wiley Inter Science. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/119131308/PDFSTART [ Accessed: 14th March 2010 ]
- Balsam, S. , Fernando, G. D. and Tripathy, A. 2010. ‘The impact of house scheme on public presentation steps used in executive compensation ‘ . Journal of Business Research. [ Online ] Abstract from Science Direct. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.sciencedirect.com/science? _ob=MImg & A ; _imagekey=B6V7S-4YC8RFH-3-2 & A ; _cdi=5850 & A ; _user=8190668 & A ; _pii=S0148296310000238 & A ; _orig=search & A ; _c overDate=02 % 2F11 % 2F2010 & A ; _sk=999999999 & A ; view=c & A ; wchp=dGLbVlb-zSkzk & A ; md5=5ff400ea0eb52507e6d5c655c8a7148c & A ; ie=/sdarticle.pdf [ Accessed: 2nd March 2010 ]
- Barth, E. , Bratsberg, B. , Hageland, T. and Raaum, O. 2006. ‘Who pays for public presentation? ‘ International Journal of Manpower. [ Online ] Vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 8-29. Abstraction from Emerald. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewPDF.jsp? contentType=Article & A ; Filename=html/Output/Published/EmeraldFullTextArticle/Pdf/0160290102.pdf [ Accessed: 3rd March 2010 ]
- Chan, M. 2008. ‘Executive Compensation ‘ Business and Society Review. [ Online ] Vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 129-161. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=1 & A ; hid=2 & A ; sid=a488c364-593f-4c2a-840c-dd1b9be830b5 % 40sessionmgr4 [ Accessed: 4th March 2010 ]
- Gordon, J. N. 2004. ‘Executive Compensation: If there ‘s a Problem, What ‘s the Remedy? The Case for “ Compensation Discussion and Analysis ” ‘ The Journal of Corporation Law. [ Online ] pp. 675-702. Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=1 & A ; hid=2 & A ; sid=65b6877e-9d47-4892-a7cc-5cc6e24d43c0 % 40sessionmgr12 [ Accessed: 4th March 2010 ]
- McConvill, J. 2006. ‘Executive Compensation and Corporate Administration: Rising Above the “ Pay-for-Performance ” Principle ‘ American Business Law Journal. [ Online ] Abstract from Business Source Premier. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf? vid=1 & A ; hid=2 & A ; sid=3e11543d-8253-4792-8a05-444e 9074c393 % 40sessionmgr4 [ Accessed: 4th March 2010 ]
- Nourayi, M. M. and Daroca, F. P. 2008. ‘CEO compensation, house public presentation and operational features ‘ Managerial Finance. [ Online ] Vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 562-584. Abstraction from Emerald. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewPDF.jsp? contentType=Article & A ; Filename=html/Output/Published/EmeraldFullTextArticle/Pdf/0090340804.pdf [ Accessed: 3rd March 2010 ]
- Yao, Y. and Appelbaum, S. H. 2009. ‘CEO compensation as a procedure and a merchandise of dialogue ‘ . Corporate Administration. [ Online ] Vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 298-312. Abstraction from Emerald. Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewPDF.jsp? contentType=Article & A ; Filename=html/Output/Published/EmeraldFullTextArticle/Pdf/2680090306.pdf [ Accessed: 3rd March 2010 ]