The intent of the lab was to look into and show H bonding and London scattering adhering in H2O and rubbing intoxicant.
I believe H2O will hold the greater surface tenseness because rubbing alcohol’s denseness is lower than water’s.
* Isopropyl intoxicant ( rubbing intoxicant )
* Paper cartridge holders
* Cups or jars
* Wax paper
Part 1: Surface tenseness and whirl:
* Fill one flask half manner full with rubbing intoxicant.
* Fill another flask half manner full with H2O.
Caution: Plug the flask to forestall bluess from fouling the room.
* Carefully swirl each flask to make the whirl.
* Stop swirling each flask and clip how long the whirl lasts.
* Record the information.
Part 2: Surface tenseness and droplet form:
* Use an eyedropper to reassign one bead of H2O and rubbing intoxicant onto the wax paper.
* The liquid with higher tenseness will non distribute out far while lower tenseness will distribute out. * Identify with liquid has the higher tenseness and record the informations.
Part 3: Surface tenseness and imperviousness:
* Fill a cup or jar with H2O and another with rubbing intoxicant.
Gradually lower down a paper cartridge holder into both liquids utilizing a cradle gesture with another paper cartridge holder. * Identify with liquid can defy the weight of the paper cartridge holder and record the informations.
Part 5: Comparing surface tenseness of liquids:
* Fill a jar to the lip with rubbing intoxicant and another with H2O. * Examine the rim of each jar.
* Carefully add pennies. one by one. into the jar.
* Stop one time the liquid overflows. Record the informations.
* Clean and rinse your custodies before go forthing your lab station.
The intent of the lab was to look into and show H and London scattering adhering in H2O and in intoxicant. Besides it was to prove liquids that had the greater surface tenseness. The lab required four different processs to prove the elements. It was determined that H2O has a greater surface tenseness and greater intermolecular force. Water was able to last in a longer whirl comparison to rubbing intoxicant. Besides it was proven that it was able to defy a paper clip’s weight and maintained a compacted form after seting a bead of H2O onto a wax paper. Finally H2O was able to defy ___ pennies before overruning when rubbing alcohol merely held ____ pennies. After finishing all the processs in the lab my hypothesis was right. I believe there were no mistakes during the lab.
Investigating and showing H and London scattering adhering made a clear statement which liquid. H2O or rubbing intoxicant. had the greater surface tenseness and greater intermolecular force. After finishing the lab I was able to reason H2O has the greater surface tenseness compared to rubbing intoxicant.