The concept of globalization. What can be described in globalization essay?
One of the key processes in the development of the global economy at the turn of the XX-XXI centuries is the progressive globalization.
The attitude towards effects of globalization from all the inhabitants of our planet is very ambiguous, and sometimes, diametrically opposite. This is due to different points of view on the consequences of globalization processes, in which some people see a serious threat to the world economic system, while others see a way to further economic progress. The globalization essay is a very popular assignment in higher institutions, as well as topics on negative effects of globalization, positive effects of globalization, globalization in business, positives and negatives of globalization in developing countries, the impact of globalization.
Globalization is a process of global economic, political and cultural integration, the main characteristics of which are the global division of labor, human and productive resources, as well as the standardization of economic and technological processes and the convergence of cultures of different countries. There are positives and negatives of globalization in developing countries, that can be described in your globalization essay.
Effects of globalization in developing countries. Executive summary.
There are positive and negative effects of globalization. One of the biggest threats and effects of globalization may be mass unemployment. The potential increase in unemployment is due to the fact that a number of TNCs of highly developed countries transfer their enterprises and branches to countries with low wages. In addition, companies in the developing countries of the world stop producing unprofitable products and go on to produce goods that require the use of highly skilled personnel.
The next impact of globalization is related to the mobility of the workforce. The mass migration of the population, which acquires global rice, turns into a serious source of aggravation of the socio-economic situation in the world. According to the UN, 20 million people emigrate every year in search of work and better living conditions, and the total number of migrants in the world is already about 175 million people. A large number of highly qualified personnel migrate to the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, South Africa, Australia, where the share of immigrant professionals is up to 20%. There are many globalization essays based on that theme.
The inflow of cheap labor from outside exacerbates competition in the labor market of developed countries, which complicates relations and causes the growth of nationalism in these countries. The negative effects of globalization of freedom of movement of labor are recognized as a potential threat, and now, it’s quite realistic in most European countries, particularly in France, where the number of Muslim migrants exceeds 8 million people, and in Germany, with almost 7.5 million people non-Germanic origin. Therefore, almost all States are gradually introducing certain forms of control over the free movement of labor.
Meanwhile, the most trained and highly skilled workforce is highly mobile and is able to find its market niche effectively. In a globalized world, all countries are trying to attract talented professionals and skilled workers, giving them visas and entering their market.
Positives and Negative of Globalization.
Globalization, as one of the main natural processes, has negative aspects and positive effects of globalization. Talking about the effects of globalization, let’s start with the benefits of globalization:
- Due to globalization, the possibilities of mankind are diminished, and all aspects of its life are taken into account, as well as foreign trade and foreign investment.
- Conditions for the harmonization of international relations are created.
- Effects of globalization contribute to the deepening of specialization and the international geographical division of labor.
- In its conditions, resources are much distributed, which ultimately promotes an increase in the average standard of living of the population.
- Benefits of globalization can be represented in economies of scale, which potentially can lead to lower prices, and hence sustainable economic growth.
- Globalization in business enhances competition, stimulates the comprehensive development of new technologies and disseminates them among the countries of the world.
- Positive effects of globalization are determined by the economic benefits, which are gained through the use of advanced scientific and technical, technological and qualification levels in the relevant branches of the economy of developed countries.
- Positive effects of globalization on the global economy are beneficial because a competition gives customers the opportunity to choose and lowers prices.
- It contributes to the deepening of specialization and international division of labor, which leads to an efficient allocation of resources.
- It leads to economies of scale, which potentially can lead to cost reductions and lower prices, and, consequently, to sustainable economic growth.
- Positive effects of globalization are in the increasing competition; it stimulates the further development of new technologies and their distribution among countries.
Despite the numerous benefits of globalization, it can cause, and has already caused some negative aspects and consequences:
- Modern globalization processes are spread mostly among developing countries, strengthening their positions and providing them with additional benefits. But, meanwhile, undeveloped countries are in the background, creating the negative effects of globalization.
- The degree of positive effects of globalization on the economy of developed countries depends on the place they occupy in the world economy, and in fact, that the richest countries receive the main part of the benefits of globalization.
- Unfair redistribution of foreign investment makes a conflict at the regional and national levels.
- It leads to deepening the heterogeneity of the world, where almost 80% of all resources are controlled by developing countries, that is described in numerous globalization essay.
- Developed countries, using openness and globalization in their interests, seek to consolidate existing trends.
- One of the negative effects of globalization is that the uneven distribution of the benefits of globalization is observed not only in individual developing countries but also in individual industries.
- The sectors that benefit from foreign trade and the export-related industries are subject to higher returns on capital and skilled labor, compared with sectors that are significantly losing out of globalization processes (ferrous metallurgy, agricultural machinery, shipbuilding, etc.). Such industries are forced to make additional efforts to adapt to conditions of globalization in business, that hasn’t changed in their favor of effects of globalization.
- Increasing technological lag from developed countries.
- One of the negative effects of globalization is the growth of socio-economic stratification.
- Negative aspects are in the impoverishment of the bulk of the population.