What systems work with the respiratory system to help you breathe?
they remove carbon dioxide which is a waste
Why are the lungs considered to be an excretory organ?
What is the main excretory organ?
How many kidneys’ do we have?
Can you live with only 1?
A system in the body that exchanges gases with the cardiovascular system
Keeps blood constantly supplied with oxygen and removes carbon dioxide.
Structures: Nose, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, lung
Cleanses the blood. Rids the body of wastes. Maintains salt and water balance.
The organs that control the discharge of certain waste materials filtered from the blood and excreted as urine.
An organ that filters and cleans the blood.
1.You supply your body with more oxygen.
2.Red blood cells in the circulatory system transport the oxygen to all body parts.
3. Then return to the lungs to pick up more oxygen and drop off carbon dioxide
What happens every time you breathe in?
smoking 1st or 2nd hand
What types of things can affect breathing or damage the lungs?
What 2 gases are exchanged during breathing?
What organs help remove waste from our bodies?
What are some common respiratory diseases?
What waste product does the skin give off?
causes excess water to evaporate which cools the body
How does sweat help the body?
dehydration, body could over heat and it could lead to a heat stroke
What happens if your body loses too much moisture?
1. Air enters the mouth or nose
2. goes to pharynx
3. then to trachea
4. at end of trachea it branches into bronchi
5. bronchi sends air into lungs
6. travels down the bronchioles
7. enters the alveoli where carbon dioxide and oxygen
Path of Respiration
1. blood circulates through the body
2. it goes through the kidneys everyday to get filtered
3. the nutrients and vitamins are filtered out and sent throughout the body
4. waste products are removed
5. waste is sent down the ureters
6. then is stored in the urinary bladder
7. finally leaves the body through the urethra
Where is gas exchanged in the respiratory system?