Structured Systems Analysis and Design ( SSAD )
With this peculiar methodological analysis, a package development venture is divided into phases, stairss, undertakings and modules/ constituents.
Aims of SSAD:ITC Infotech India Ltd.
Structured Systems Analysis and Design ( SSAD ) was developed with specific aims:
- To justify that a undertaking could lucratively prevail should a loss in staff occur without any inauspicious effects on the undertaking
- To better communicating between all participants in the undertaking so that an effectual building is in topographic point
- To develop a better of category systems
- To better the mode in which undertakings are controlled and directed
- To let for the efficient usage of both experient and inexperient staff
- To let for undertakings to be supported by computer- assisted package technology applications
How SSAD plants:
SSAD is a waterfall attack whereby there are a series of events which occur in consecutive order, each measure taking from the last. There are a sum of five stairss and they are as follows:
- Feasibility survey:This is a survey that will find if the undertaking is really possible to set about and whether it is cost effectual or non.
- Requirements analysis:Identifying the demands of the concern
- Requirements specification:The demands ( functional and non- functional ) are clearly and unequivocally identified and stated.
- Logical system specification:The proficient systems options are created and besides the logical design of the system, including upgrade and enquiry designs.
- Physical design:The logical system specification and proficient specification is so used to plan a physical database and set of plan specifications.
Advantages of SSAD:
- Timelines:as mentioned before, SSAD can be used to better the manner a undertaking is controlled and directed. This is due to the fact that it allows one to be after the undertaking well which is indispensable to present the merchandise on clip.
- Improvement of productiveness:By promoting on-time bringing, meeting concern demands, guaranting better quality, utilizing human resources efficaciously every bit good as hedging bureaucratism, SSAD improves general productiveness of the undertaking.
- Better quality:Decreases the mistake rate of information systems by placing a certain degree of category in the launch and invariably look intoing the system.
- Effective usage of accomplishments:It does non necessitate any particular accomplishments and can easy be taught to the staff. It normally makes usage of schematization and modeling tools.
- It can react to alterations in the concern environment:Business demands and aims are taken into consideration while the undertaking is being developed. This creates the possibility to set the planning of the undertaking to the existent demands of the concern.
- Serviceability:Particular accent is put on the analysis of the user demands. Concurrently, the system theoretical account is constructed and a wide-ranging demand analysis is conducted.
- Cuts costs:Due to the fact that SSAD separates logical and physical systems design, the system does non hold to be executed once more with new hardware or package.
Disadvantages of SSAD:
- SSAD puts prominence on the analysis of a system and its certification. This paves the manner for over-analysing, which in bend can be really clip consuming and puts strain on disbursal.
Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.scribd.com/doc/19681828/SSAD[ Date accessed: November 25th, 2009 ]
Object Oriented Analysis and Design:
This is a package development attack that puts great prominence on logical solutions based on objects ( single constituents of a system ) . It takes a bottom- top developmental attack and makes usage of UML ( Unified Modelling Language ) .
Aims of OOAD:JS Consulting Group Inc. ( 2000-2009 )
- To analyze already bing objects to see if they can in fact be reused or adapted for newer utilizations.
- To place new or modified objects that will be pooled with bing objects into a utile concern calculating application.
Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.jscgroup.com/object-oriented-analysis-and-design.html[ Date accessed: October 25th, 2009 ]
How OOAD works:Kenneth Pefkaros, International Journal of Business research, March 2008.
In OOAD, the developers capture required inside informations as a system of objects which encapsulate both informations and procedures. It uses three elemental techniques to for analysis:
- Functional modeling: The analyst uses activity diagrams and utilize instance diagrams to give interior decorators a clearer image of how the system works.
- Structural modeling: The analyst uses category diagrams to group related objects.
- Behavioral diagrams: The analyst uses sequence diagrams, communicating and province diagrams, to give a basic description of how objects respond to the environment, every bit good as, how they change province during minutess.
These techniques so provide the interior decorators with sufficient documented information which they will utilize in the making of the system.
Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_6773/is_2_8/ai_n31126769/pg_4/ ? tag=content ; col1[ Date accessed: October 25th, 2009 ]
Advantages of OOAD:
- It significantly simplifies the development of the system
- It enables the consistence of objects which increases the apprehension of the design
- Decomposing the system into single objects makes it easier and more manageable for the analyst to work with.
- When working with objects, they can be reused and modified which cuts costs and salvage clip.
Disadvantages of OOAD:
- There is more accent on codifications
- There is n’t much accent on squad work
- The early designs for the system may be excessively simplified to be equal
- It is n’t easy to set up all the necessary categories and objects needed for the system