The periodic tabular array is continually enriched with new elements synthesised by atomic reactions in research labs, but merely 90 of all the elements occur of course. Those are found between atomic Numberss 1 to 92, which is from 1H to 92U, excepting the elements Tc ( 43Tc ) and Pm ( 61Pm ) . The latter two are made unnaturally, even though Tc has been late discovered in stars.
All the elements are made from two cardinal edifice blocks, the protons and the neutrons, given the term nucleons. These are packed together into karyons, with each component incorporating a different ratio of protons and neutrons in its karyon. The nucleons can merely be produced or annihilated at really high energies, and this occurred at the beginning of the existence.
“ What happened the first minutes of the creative activity of the existence and how were the elements synthesised? ” are the inquiries around which this study is circulated. Using astrophysics to discourse the universe creative activity is beyond the intent of this study, and hence most of the physical equations are excluded. All the footings are explained in simple scientific footings.
The countries discussed are how the existence began and how the elements were formed in this universe creative activity timeline, including any relevant atomic reaction equations and theories that lead to the creative activity of the chemical elements as we know them at nowadays. [ 1, 2 ]
The Big Bang and the beginning of the chemical elements
The most widely accepted theory in cosmology is presently the Big Bang Theory, which was based on Einstein ‘s General Theory of Relativity ( E=mc2 ) . Harmonizing to this, the existence was one time concentrated in a little primeval karyon of highly high temperature and infinite denseness.
For some ground, that hot, heavy province began to spread out homogeneously and chill down at an incredibly fast rate. This sudden enlargement into infinite, administering radiation and affair everyplace uniformly, gave rise to the birth of the existence and it is known with the deceptive rubric ‘Big Bang ‘ ( even though it was non an detonation but an enlargement ) . The ground that caused this sudden enlargement is non known yet, and scientists are still seeking to give an reply to this large cosmology inquiry with many research undertakings taking topographic point in this field for the past few decennaries. It is beyond modern scientific discipline to specify what happened before the Big Bang since clip and infinite came into being at that minute. Harmonizing to this theory the existence is about 15 billion old ages old.
But which are the grounds that this ‘Big Bang ‘ really occurred? [ 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ]
Universe ‘s enlargement
In 1929, Edwin Hubble discovered that the existence is spread outing and that the galaxies that make up the existence are traveling off from our galaxy with speeds proportional to their distance from us. Hubble ‘s jurisprudence describes this enlargement, saying that the farther a galaxy is from us, the greater its radial speed of recession.
Hubble ‘s equations as follows [ 9 ] :
V ( radial speed ) = H ( Hubble invariable ) ten vitamin D ( distance )
In simple footings this means that the most distant galaxy is traveling off from us at the fastest rate and the nearest at the slowest.
This, nevertheless, does non intend we are at the Centre of the existence, since every perceiver in the universe sees all objects traveling off from them with speed proportional to the distance. So although the existence is spread outing, it looks the same from every individual galaxy.
Hubble ‘s decisions resulted from detecting the speeds via the red shift, which is the Doppler Effect applied to light moving ridges. Each galaxy has a set of emanations and soaking ups seen in their spectra and their characteristic frequences are known. The characteristic lines from galaxies ‘ spectra turn out to travel towards the ruddy terminal of the spectrum, which means the galaxies are withdrawing from us. This consequence is known as the ‘redshift ‘ . If the galaxies were traveling towards us the light moving ridges would be crowded and the frequence would be raised. Since the blue visible radiation is of high frequence, a displacement towards the bluish side of the spectrum would be obtained, giving a ‘blueshift ‘ . But this does non happen, and the galaxies are all redshifted.
The relative relationship between velocity and distance indicates that in the past all the affair must hold been concentrated at a point of extraordinary high denseness, from which it expanded to its present signifier. Hubble ‘s find provides one of the grounds for the Big Bang Theory. [ 6, 9, 11 ]
Cosmic Background Radiation
In 1965, Penzias and Wilson were look intoing the wireless noise found at wavelengths between a few millimeters and a few centimeters, by agencies of a particular low-noise radioantenna. Once all the known beginnings of noise were identified, a staying signal of radiation was left as an raging extra noise. This signal was coming from all waies and the noise did non alter in strength with the way of the aerial in the sky or the clip of twenty-four hours and season. This radiation was identified to be Cosmic Background Radiation.
The radiation that Penzias and Wilson discovered was seen as the deceasing leftovers of the Big Bang, and was likely formed due to photon production from matter-antimatter obliteration. Once the photon background was produced, it cooled with the enlargement of the existence go forthing behind this background radiation. This radiation contains more energy than the remainder of the existence ( stars and galaxies ) .
In the existence ‘s early life, when it was really hot, radiation could non go really far without being absorbed and emitted by some atoms. This changeless exchange of energy maintained a province of thermic equilibrium and therefore a thermic spectrum can now be obtained.
In 1989, Cosmic Background Explorer ( COBE ) orbiter was launched which took measurings from above the Earth ‘s ambiance, obtaining more accurate consequences for this radiation than Penzias and Wilson. The form of the spectrum of thermic radiation that was observed at the temperature of 2.73K was really similar to that of a black body ‘s spectrum at the same temperature. The cosmic microwave spectrum shows that this radiation was generated in equilibrium conditions since it has a thermic form. The radiation is besides known as the ‘3K radiation ‘ or the Cosmic ( comes from all waies ) Black body ( because of its spectral form ) Microwave ( since its spectrum extremums at centimeter to mm wavelengths ) Radiation – CBM.
In 2001 the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe ( WMAP ) was launched by NASA, designed to find the geometry, content and development of the existence and to do cardinal measurings of cosmology. WMAP successfully produced a full-sky map of the temperature anisotropy of the cosmic microwave background radiation, and it still continues to roll up informations from infinite.
The consequences from the different measurings of the cosmic background radiation taken through old ages are shown in the figure following.
Furthermore, the mensural uniformity of the radiation confirmed some premises about some of the existence ‘s belongingss: its homogeneousness ( it looks the same at each point ) and its symmetry ( it looks the same in all waies ) .
To summarize, two groundss back uping the Big Bang Theory have already been discussed:
- The Big Bang Theory explains Hubble ‘s observation that the existence is spread outing, since it must hold started its enlargement from a hot and heavy province in its early life.
- It accounts for the being of the cosmic background radiation observed by Penzias and Wilson, and confirms the premises that the existence is homogenous and isotropic. The 3rd grounds for the theory is that it accounts for the beginning and the copiousnesss of the light elements that exist in the existence. [ 6, 7, 9, 12, 14 ]
The timeline of the ‘Big Bang ‘
Before the Big Bang the existence was compressed into a hot and heavy karyon. When the Big Bang occurred, the existence began to uncompress quickly. The modern scientific discipline has non yet defined what happened earlier than Planck ‘s clip which is at 10-43s after the Big Bang. At that clip the four forces of nature were unified in a individual ace force ( besides referred to as Wald ) , being every bit powerful.
The four forces are divided in the following two classs:
- Forces between atoms ( operate over big distance ) :
- Strong atomic force ( it holds the karyon of atoms together )
- Weak atomic force ( it crops up in radioactive decay and helps fission )
The forces ‘ strength is as follows: Strong & gt ; Electromagnetic & gt ; Weak & gt ; Gravity
In the ‘primeval bolide ‘ formed after the Big Bang, the photons ‘ energy was so high that they can clash to organize atoms ( creative activity of affair from light and formation of affair and antimatter in brace. This is seen from the Einstein ‘s equation, E=mc2, which does n’t state that this relationship is irreversible. So matter can go energy or energy can go affair! [ 5, 9, 10 ]
Some of import footings, which are mentioned on the above timeline, are really briefly explained below [ 9, 10 ] :
- Quarks are the simple atoms that make up the protons, neutrons etc. A proton is made out of three quarks: 2 up and 1 down quark. Neutron is made out of 2 downs and 1 up.
- The antimatter has the same belongingss as the regular affair except that it has the opposite electrical charge.
- Inflation is the early stage of the exponential growing of the existence.
- Baryons are atoms made out of 3 quarks. Out of those atoms merely protons and neutrons are stable ; therefore the baryonic affair in the existence is considered to be made largely out of them. The negatrons are frequently included in the term heavy particles even though they are non made out of three quarks. The existence has impersonal charge, i.e. 1 negatron for every proton.
- Radiation: what we see in the existence comes from electromagnetic radiation. The visible radiation is made up from single atoms, the photons, ? . These protons spread at the velocity of visible radiation, and ( largely the high energy 1s ) can interact with heavy particles and negatrons ; for illustration they ionise an atom by taking off an negatron.
- Neutrinos are highly weak interacting, massless atoms produced in radioactive decay
The atoms that were present in this cosmic nucleosynthesis are given in the undermentioned tabular array:
In general, the existence is made out of the undermentioned [ 10 ] :
- Baryons ( P, n, vitamin E )
- Radiation ( photons )
- Dark Matter and Energy
Nuclear Processes taking topographic point during the component formation
The light elements of the periodic tabular array were produced during the beginning of the life of universe, whereas the heavier elements were produced subsequently by thermonuclear reactions that power the stars.
The early existence could be viewed as a type of thermonuclear reactor. However, the copiousnesss of the light elements produced shortly after the Big Bang, have changed at present due to the atomic procedures in stars and other subsequent events in the interstellar medium.
Some of the reactions taking topographic point during the life of the universe until now are shown on the undermentioned tabular array.
The copiousness of the elements is the 3rd grounds back uping the Hot Big Bang theory as seen earlier. These copiousnesss are obtained from elaborate spectroscopic analysis of samples taken from Earth, meteorites, comets, Moon, planets etc.
The chemical component copiousnesss can be recorded in three different ways [ 16 ] :
- Mass fraction: the mass of a component of a mixture over the entire mass of all the components in the mixture & A ; agrave ; w = a / ( a+b+c+ … )
- Volume fraction: the volume of a component of a mixture over the amount of the volumes of all components before commixture. For gases, the volume fraction is similar to the mole fraction & A ; agrave ; ?
- Mole fraction: the figure of moles of a component over the entire sum of all components in the mixture & A ; agrave ; tens
The graph has some certain characteristics and tendencies which are seen below [ 1, 2 ] :
- There is an about exponential lessening from H until A~100 ( atomic mass figure ) or Z~42 ( atomic figure ) . Then, gradual lessening is observed.
- For higher Angstrom, the rareness of synthesis additions demoing that the leading development ( which builds the heavier elements ) is non really common.
- The e-process ( equilibrium ) . Iron lies on the maximal energy that can be released in leading nucleosynthesis with the component combustion procedures. After this, the elements form largely by neutron gaining control.
- Their production is deficient. Besides they are consumed at really high temperatures in the leading insides. These elements are largely made by leading spallation.
- These elements are alpha atom karyon ( e.g. O16, Ne20… Ca40, Ti48 ) . It is seen that the He-burning and alpha-process are more efficient than the H-burning and s-process in these parts.
- Charming Numberss at N = 50, 82, 126 for primogenitors and stable karyon
- This is because the proton- rich karyon are produced in the p- procedure which is rare compared to the r- and s- procedures.
The R and s extremums seen in the undermentioned smoothened curve correspond to the elements formed by the slow and rapid neutron gaining control processes. Some elements require the neutron gaining control to be slow plenty so that step ining beta decays can happen. However, some other elements need neutron gaining control to go on really fast to be able to organize through some ephemeral karyon. [ 18 ]
Big Bang Nucleosynthesis
The Big Bang Nucleosynthesis ( BBN ) occurred a few brief minutes after the beginning of the existence, manner before the stars existed. The light component formation happened via atomic merger reactions ( a procedure by which smaller karyon are joined into larger 1s ) , which raged throughout the existence. It is besides known as Cosmic or Primordial Nucleosynthesis.
For atomic reactions to happen, some conditions should be present, which were both satisfied in the early existence:
- The temperature and denseness should be high plenty, so that the kinetic energy of nucleons can get the better of the C barrier
- The atoms must come near adequate for the attractive nature of the strong atomic force to get the better of the repulsive force of the electromagnetic force between the positive charges of the atoms ( protons ) .
As seen earlier, the existence was born by enlargement from a hot, heavy province in which its components were simple atoms. Atomic karyon, except from the proton, began to organize through atomic merger reactions, which could non take topographic point until the temperature was low plenty for them to happen. When the existence was approximately 1 2nd old, protons became available for merger, and a proton and neutron can be combined to organize a deuteron. However, the deuteron was destroyed by photodissociation ( interrupt up of a karyon by high energy gamma beams ) before the more stable He was formed. At this phase merger could non continue farther until the existence was cooled farther.
At approximately 100s after the Big Bang, the temperature had fallen to 109K and fewer deuterons were destroyed, leting 4He to organize, along with all the isotopes of H and He below 4. No considerable sums of elements above nucleus 4 were formed since there are no stable karyon of atomic figure 5 and 8. However, hints of 7Li and 7Be were formed.
At 1000s, the temperature had fallen excessively low for atoms to hold adequate energy to get the better of the C barrier. Therefore, the merger reactions stopped happening and the copiousnesss of the elements were ‘frozen ‘ . Most matter existed as rarified gas for a few hundred million old ages until it was easy drawn towards a star, where more reactions could take topographic point, due to higher temperatures.
The lone karyon formed in a considerable sum was 4He, with some hints of lighter karyon. Most of the stuff continued to be 1H.
Light component formation
Deuteron formation through merger of a proton with a neutron gives out a photon of high energy ( gamma beam ) . Most of the energy is carried off with this gamma beam, leting the proton and neutron to adhere. Otherwise, they would resile off each other. The reversible reaction is besides true, so a gamma beam can destruct the deuteron.
n + P & A ; agrave ; d + & A ; gamma ;
When there is non any longer sufficient energy and hits to organize many deuterons, they start uniting to organize He karyon:
vitamin D + vitamin D & A ; agrave ; 4He + & A ; gamma ;
However, some two measure procedures can happen between the proton, neutrons and deuterons to organize the He and H isotopes, 3He and 3H, as a between measure. These two measure procedures are:
P + vitamin D & A ; agrave ; 3He + & A ; gamma ;
n + 3He & A ; agrave ; 4He + & A ; gamma ;
n + vitamin D & A ; agrave ; 3H + & A ; gamma ;
P + 3H & A ; agrave ; 4He + & A ; gamma ;
These procedures can go on in the forward or backward manner, until they reach equilibrium.
In the early existence, the temperature was high plenty for free protons and neutron to be in thermic equilibrium at high energies. The free neutrons would go long distances before clashing with other heavy particles, holding a great opportunity of disintegrating into protons.
n + ve & A ; szlig ; & A ; agrave ; p + e- + 0.8MeV ( ve is e- neutrino ) [ ref.2 ]
When the thermic energy beads below 0.8MeV it is difficult for backward reaction to happen and hence more neutrons decay into protons, puting the ratio of N: P to 1:5. However, every bit shortly as the energy falls more ( about 0.1MeV ) the neutrons manage to organize karyon and go stable, with the ratio now being n: P to 1:7 due to farther decrease of the figure of neutrons by decay that occurred in the clip that it took for the energy to fall.
As seen, the lone elements produced in important copiousness are 1H and 4He. 4He is formed since it is the most stable of the light elements and 1H is present since there are non adequate neutrons to respond with the protons ( 1:7 ratio of neutrons to protons ) and a big sum of protons are left over.
In existence ‘s aboriginal composing 4He is found to be approximately 25 % ( aggregate fraction ) . Since 4He is four times heavier than 1H, it implies that there is one He karyon for every 12 H 1s. Other elements copiousnesss are ( compared to 1H copiousness ) : D =10-4, 3He = 10-5, 7Li = 10-10 [ ref.2 ]
The mole fraction of the elements is H 88.6 % and 4He 11.3 % . Since H and He account for 99.9 % of the atoms in the existence, it is concluded that nucleosynthesis of heavier elements has non yet gone really far. [ ref.4 ]
At present, the ascertained copiousnesss of the elements are successfully reproduced by the Big Bang Theory ( supplying an grounds for the theory ) . However, the present composing of the existence is somewhat altered from its primeval composing, because of the atomic reactions happening in stars.
Leading nucleosynthesis is the merger procedure that powers the stars, organizing heavier elements out of the lighter 1s. The chief reactions taking topographic point during this procedure are summarised in the tabular array below, and so discussed more loosely.
Hydrogen combustion is the merger of four H atoms to organize a He one. This happens through two different paths: [ ref.6 ]
Proton-proton concatenation. This is the primary energy bring forthing procedure in most stars, particularly in low mass stars like our Sun, and is every bit follows )
P + P & A ; agrave ; d + e+ + ve
P + vitamin D & A ; agrave ; 3He + & A ; gamma ;
3He + 3He & A ; agrave ; 4He + P + P
The merger of two protons to organize a deuteron ( the karyon of a heavy hydrogen atom with 1p & A ; 1n )
3He is an isotope of He with 2 Ps and 1 Ns
4He is the most common isotope of He, holding 2p and 2n.
In the first measure takes a really long clip to happen ( 5×109 old ages ) , since it involves the weak atomic force and there is a really little cross subdivision. This is the ground for the long life of stars. The second measure involves the electromagnetic interaction and occurs in approximately 1 2nd, whereas the 3rd measure involves the strong atomic force, taking about 3×105 old ages.
CNO rhythm. It is another method for combustion of H, utilizing C, N and O as accelerators. These get consumed so as to assist the procedure occur, but are afterwards reformed.
P + 12C & A ; agrave ; 13N + & A ; gamma ;
13N & A ; agrave ; 13C + e+ + ve
P + 13C & A ; agrave ; 14N + & A ; gamma ;
P + 14N & A ; agrave ; 15O + & A ; gamma ;
15O & A ; agrave ; 15N + e+ + ve
P + 15N & A ; agrave ; 12C + 4He
Nitrogen karyon decays
Oxygen karyon decays
Helium Burning ( triple-alpha reaction )
Hydrogen combustion releases 90 % of the entire energy available from merger. The remainder is coming half from the He combustion and the other half from other nucleus combustions up to 56Ni or 56Fe. However, since 5Li and 8Be are unstable, merger after He can go on merely at high denseness.
During the triple-alpha procedure three 4He karyons fuse to organize 12C. Then, He and C react so as to organize O.
Some reactions are:
4He + 4He & A ; szlig ; & A ; agrave ; 8Be An about 100 % reversible procedure since 8Be is extremely unstable.
4He + 8Be & A ; szlig ; & A ; agrave ; 12C* An aroused province of 12C is formed and about all decays back to He and Be.
12C* & A ; agrave ; 12C + e+ + e- However, approximately 0.2 % decays into a stable C karyon.
When the 8Be barrier has been passed and the triple-alpha procedure signifiers C, the following besides can happen:
4He + 12C & A ; agrave ; 16O + & A ; gamma ;
4He + 16O & A ; agrave ; 20Ne + & A ; gamma ;
The C combustion follows when the star has run out of He fuel. This can give three different merchandises.
12C + 12C & A ; agrave ;
20Ne + 4He
23Mg + Ns
23Na + P
Oxygen firing etc.
Oxygen combustion: 16O + 16O & A ; agrave ; 28Si + 4He
Neon Burning: 4He + 20Ne & A ; agrave ; 24Mg + & A ; gamma ;
A 28Si can disassociate into 7 4He and respond in Si combustion.
Silicon Burning: 28Si + 74He & A ; agrave ; 56Ni
( which can so? -decay to 56Fe during or after a type II supernova )
From the above reactions protons, neutrons and alpha atoms are released, which are so available for extra gaining controls so as to organize farther isotopes of the elements.
The mass barriers in the component formation
In 1939 Bethe observed that ”no elements heavier than He can be built up to any appreciable extent ” , since there are no stable elements of mass 5 karyon.
No sensible ways of formation of elements could be given, since none of them would work:
- The add-on of a neutron or a proton onto He can non happen to organize a mass 5 karyon ( unstable )
- The direct formation of 8Be out of two 4He is non possible due to the fact that 8Be is really unstable, with negative binding energy
- The formation of 12C out of three He karyons would non work either.
However, at sufficiently high temperature and denseness 4He can adhere to organize 8Be and hence the mass 4 barrier can be passed. This Be formed, even though really unstable and at low measures in the star insides, it is adequate to organize 12C when another He karyon is added to it ( Salpeter, 1952 ) . Once the unstable mass 5 and 8 barriers are overcome, more elements can be formed.
Beyond the Iron Peak & A ; Explosive Nucleosynthesis
The normal atomic merger reactions happening in the star insides can merely organize elements up to press, 56Fe. They do non bring forth any elements beyond the Fe extremum since this would necessitate energy instead than giving energy. Beyond the Fe extremum, elements can be formed chiefly by neutron gaining controls. After 83Bi, no more stable isotopes can be formed. Neutrons are produced by some of the procedures seen before, and one of the most favoured one is:
13C + 4He & A ; agrave ; 16O + N
In stars, mass loss processes, where a return back to the interstellar medium stuff occurs which is nevertheless altered from when it formed the star, are really common. These can be mild and form planetal nebulas, or can be violent and ruinous detonations, known as novae and supernovae. During the latter procedures, heavy elements are form quickly before or after the detonation with neutron gaining controls.
The two chief types of neutron gaining control synthesizing the heavy elements have been briefly discussed before ( see p.13 ) and they are the undermentioned:
- S-process ( Slow neutron gaining control )
- R-process ( Rapid neutron gaining control )
An unstable species has to disintegrate before capturing another neutron, and hence the s-process produces the less neutron rich compounds, since the procedure is slow plenty, it allows beta decay by negatron emanation and the isotopes are stable before a batch of neutrons have been added.
However, during the r-process the neutrons are added quickly and the karyons do non hold adequate clip to disintegrate, leting more neutrons to be added until they can non accept any more. This procedure forms the more neutron rich elements.
The proton rich isotopes of the heavy elements are formed by the p-process, i.e. proton gaining controls.
The elements 2H, 3He, 6Li, 7Li, 9Be, 10B and 11B, every bit good as some less neutron rich isotopes are non produced in important sums form the Big Bang and are less abundant than their neighbors. They are largely formed during spallation reactions ( atomization ) , during which more abundant elements ( like C, N and O ) are broken up in reactions between cosmic beams and the interstellar gas.
The cosmic beams consist of little subatomic atoms ( chiefly P and He nuclei ) which travel through our ambiance from infinite at the velocity of visible radiation. They are created in supernovae and some star interactions. The atoms in the cosmic beams are accelerated by the galaxy ‘s magnetic field and fly towards every way.
During their journey around the galaxy, the heavier atoms of the cosmic beams collide with the atoms in the interstellar affair ( largely 1H and 4He ) , doing atomization, bring forthing those lighter elements.
Some stars in the galaxy for binary systems, in which there are two stars go arounding around each other. If their multitudes are different the bigger star will germinate faster and at some point their ambiances combine, doing instabilities to organize, ensuing to an effusion of energy and affair as an detonation. This increases the brightness of the stars and a nova is seen. During this process, heavy elements are synthesised.
A supernova is a ruinous leading detonation during which so much energy is released that all the one million millions of stars can be outshined by it. It occurs when an germinating star runs out of atomic fuel, and the nucleus is so unstable that it collapses quickly ( in less than a 2nd! ) . Just before or during this detonation, 1000s of atomic reactions ( neutron gaining controls ) occur in a really short clip, and organize heavy elements.
The remains of the supernova spread out into infinite and can be used in the formation of new stars or can be captured by other germinating stars.
In this study some of the well known up to day of the month finds of cosmology were discussed. However, the existence is so infinite and cryptic that many inquiries about its creative activity and the component formation remain unreciprocated and plentifulness of countries are still in dark.
NASA is presently the largest administration executing probe germinating about of import cosmogonic inquiries, with its plan Beyond Einstein. The orbiters COBE and WMPA seek to happen an reply to what powered the Big Bang, whereas other missions wish to detect what the cryptic dark energy doing the enlargement of the existence is. Intriguing findings about our existence and the generation of elements are expecting to be brought to visible radiation in the old ages to come.
Mentions ( in order of visual aspect in text )
- Greenwood, N. N. and Earnshaw, A. , 1997. Chemistry of the elements. 2nd erectile dysfunction. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Burbidge, E.M. , Burbidge, G.R. , Fowler, W.A. and Hoyle F. , 1957. Synthesis of the Elementss in Stars. Rev. Mod. Phys. Vol. 29, No.4, pp.547-650
- Hubble Space Telescope, 2009. Hubble Site, Gallery [ online ] . Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //hubblesite.org/gallery/album/ [ Accessed on 10.12.2009 ]
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration ( NASA ) , 2009. WMPA ( Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe ) : Universe 101 & A ; Image Gallery [ online ] . Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/ [ Accessed on 21.11.09 ]
- Bhattacharya, A.B. , Joardar, S. and R Bhattacharya, 2009. Astronomy & A ; Astrophysics. USA: Jones & A ; Bartlett Publishers
- Mackintosh, R. , 2005. Space, Time and Cosmology, Block 4: Cosmology and the early existence. Milton Keynes: Open University
- Peebles, P.J.E. , Schramm, D.N. , Turner, E.L. , and Kron, R.G. , 1994. The Development of the Universe. Sci. Am. Vol. 271, No.4, pp.53-57
- Longair, M.S. , 1991. The beginnings of our existence: a survey of the beginning and development of the contents of our existence. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Zeilik, M. , 2002. Astronomy: the germinating existence. 9th erectile dysfunction. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Liddle, A. , c1999. An debut to modern cosmology. Chichester: Wiley
- Rowan-Robinson, M. , 2004. Cosmology. 4th erectile dysfunction. Great Britain: Oxford University Press
- Zeilik, M. and Gregory, S.A. , c1998. Introductory uranology and astrophysics. 4th Ed. Singapore ; London: Brooks / Cole / Thomson Learning
- University of Melbourne, 2009. Why do magnetic depend on who measures them [ online ] . Available from: hypertext transfer protocol: //www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~dnj/teaching/160mag/160mag.htm [ Accessed on 10 December 2009 ]
- White, N.E. and Diaz, A.V. , 2004. Beyond Einstein: From the Big Bang to black holes. Adv. Space Res. , Vol.34, pp.651-658
- Al-Khalili, J.S. , Roeckl, E. ( Eds. ) , 2009. The Euroschool talks on Physicss with Alien Beams, Vol. III, Lect. Notes Phys. 756. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer
- Green Book, 1993. 2nd erectile dysfunction. : IUPAC Measures, Unit of measurements and Symbols in Physical Chemistry. 2nd Ed. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications ( p. 41 )
- Data taken from: Lodders, K. , 2003. Solar System Abundances and Condensation Temperatures of the Elementss. ApJ, Vol.591, pp.1220-1247, Department of the Interior: 10.1086/375492
- Penzias, A.A. , July 1979. The beginning of the elements. Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 51, No.3, pp.425-432