The purpose of this training session is to teach the trainee how to fold a turtle. In the Korean culture, by folding a thousand turtles, it brings truth, victory and luck to the person who is receiving it as a gift.
After this training session, the trainee will be able to successfully fold a turtle with different colors and sizes paper.
Follow me step by step and will walk through each step consistently
Finished turtles in a bottle to show trainee
? 500 – 1000 pieces of color or plain 50 x 50 (mm) papers
? bottle to hold 500-1000 turtles or something similar to hold them
1) Take out one piece of paper from the box
2) Fold paper in halve
3) Open paper
4) Fold paper in quarters
5) Repeat step 2 ; 3 for the other side of the paper (now you have 16 small squares)
6) Open paper
7) Fold a triangle
8) Open paper
9) Fold another triangle for the other side of paper
10) Take one corner and fold inward to the center point (do so for all 4 corners)
11) Unfold and push opposite side of the paper inward to form a big triangle
12) Take one corner of triangle and fold in to the center foot
13) Repeat step 9 for all four corners
14) Now that you have a little house shape, push all four corners in to center foot so that a diamond shape is formed
15) Fold two corners in halve for both side
16) Now fold the triangle in halves again for both side to make the legs for the turtle
17) Fold the two corners of the diamond towards the middle to form a Christmas tree shape.
18) Do so for both side of the diamond
19) Pull the top inward to make the head for the turtle
20) Pull the other top inward to make the tail for the turtle
21) Hold on to the four legs
22) Gently pull outward to form the shell
23) Now all you have to do is to repeat step 1 to 19, nine hundred ninety-nine times and the gift will be finished
Remember to fold according to the crease that you have created and that whatever you do on one side, make sure you repeat it for the other side as well.
? Did trainee complete all steps?
? Is the turtle in the shape that it requires?
? Did trainee missed or made an error on one of the steps?
? Did the trainee remember all the steps required?