Directions: Have your reply sheet beside you as you work on the inquiries below. Record all your replies on your sheet. You are restricted to the hyperlinks listed below. All necessary information will be found on the selected sites.
1. ) What were some of the Puritan’s beliefs and values? List three of Puritans believed that their faith was the “correct” 1. They besides killed Religious society of friendss for prophesying “inner light” philosophies. Simple things were the norm. anything inordinate was frowned upon.
hypertext transfer protocol: //www3. delta. edu/pahutchi/puritans. hypertext markup language
2. ) What is predestination? What function did this drama in Puritan society? Remember what you read in the above subdivision. Puritans besides believed in predestination ; that all events are forward known and foreordained by God. They believed they were born evildoers and remained evildoers until saved by God. hypertext transfer protocol: //www. gotquestions. org/predestination. hypertext markup language
3. ) How did the Puritans position instruction? The Puritans thought instruction was a manner to forestall Satan and his enticements. It besides made people literate plenty to read the Bible. hypertext transfer protocol: //www. neodymium. edu/~rbarger/www7/neprimer. hypertext markup language
4. ) What was the tool Puritans used to learn their kids? In add-on to the alphabet. what else was taught utilizing this tool? They used the New England Primer to learn their kids. Other than the alphabet they besides used this to learn spiritual phrases. hypertext transfer protocol: //www. Gettysburg. edu/~tshannon/his341/nep07pg12_13. htm
5. ) How were the Puritan beliefs reflected in the Torahs of Massachusetts?
Expression in peculiar at the penalties. The believed that the people who did non believe in the God was put to decease. hypertext transfer protocol: //lcweb. loc. gov/exhibits/religion/rel01. hypertext markup language
6. ) Salem Village was the centre of the enchantress tests. Look at a transcript of an apprehension warrant. What “proof” is provided? There was hurt and damage done to the peoples organic structures listed in the ailment. hypertext transfer protocol: //www. jurisprudence. umkc. edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/salem. htm
7. ) Expression at a portrait “Examination of a Witch. ” How are the conditions of the scrutiny depicted? Record full inside informations in a paragraph. There’s a big group of people gathered in a room around the accused. They are looking at her closely and it looks like they are taking the accused apparels away. There are besides guards in the room seeking to acquire people out of the room.
hypertext transfer protocol: //www. jurisprudence. umkc. edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/SAL_PHO. HTM
8. ) Expression at the test records of Sarah Good. in peculiar. the Summary of Evidence. What sort of grounds led to the indictment of Sarah as a enchantress? Look at the peculiar diction of those impeaching Sarah. People saw Sarah Good pattern witchery. and the bird sucked between her index and her longfinger hypertext transfer protocol: //www. jurisprudence. umkc. edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/ASA_GOOD. HTM
9. ) You are accused! Travel to this nexus to see what your options are one time you have been accused. ?Record your findings. I would fly Salem so I would hold the greatest opportunity of ne’er being killed for something I wasn’t.
hypertext transfer protocol: //www. jurisprudence. umkc. edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/accused! . hypertext markup language
10. ) Play Jeopardy and see how much you have learned about the enchantress tests.
hypertext transfer protocol: //www. jurisprudence. umkc. edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/scopesjeopardy [ 1 ] . htm
Undertaking: To garner background information of early America and Puritanism by take parting in a web pursuit activity to better understand the times in which The Crucible. The Scarlet Letter. and other Hagiographas of the clip period [ movie ] | 78: ;